Monday, March 16, 2009

Me and Music

I remember when I was in elementary school, my best friend was black so I always listened to rap with him. And my dad listened to classic rock so I was always listening to that with him, and that was pretty much all I listened to as a child. I never really explored music to find what I was really interested in and liked. Middle school started the journey for me.

When I was in sixth grade I got my first guitar, that started a whole new era for me. I started playing guitar everyday, and listening to Metallica and Pantera. I was really into metal guitar and I was completely absorbed into it, it was all I cared about. At this point in my life I didn't listen to anything besides metal and rock and roll. I wouldn't have been caught dead listening to hip hop at this point.

When I hit high school I started getting into all kinds of things, influenced by the people I hung out with and the places I went. I started going to concerts with my friends, and playing in bands with people I knew that played anything really. I also got back into rap a lot, I was introduced to a lot of good rappers by my friends such as Immortal Technique, Lil Weezy, and The Roots. I also had the opportunity to go to a rave which got me into techno big time. I really remember liking techno a lot my first and second year of high school.

Over the whole time I was interested in music I really never liked most mainstream radio bands. I never have listened to the radio to find new bands to listen to. I also despise MTV with a passion. I think it has done horrible unchangeable damage to the minds of innocent naive people that know nothing about music. And I never really payed attention to when the music I listened to was from, I listened to music from all different time era's.

Looking back to my past interests in music makes me look to the future because I am excited to see what I will get into and what music will come out. I am myself an aspiring artist, I play the guitar and would like to go Mcnally Smith college of music for producing/recording/touring. Maybe someday you will hear my music on the radio or see a commercial for my album.

No comments:

Post a Comment